- Different regulations imposed on foreign companies running businesses in China by different government authorities at the country and regional levels: These regulations need to be fully understood to avoid breach of laws and regulations.
- Government authorities involved with the set-up and running of foreign businesses in China work very differently from those in other countries.
- There is no single step of company incorporation and business license application. In general, it takes two to four months to obtain all the approvals/certificates/licences on one application.
- There are complex taxation systems at state and local levels.
- There are differences in the working styles of Chinese government authorities and foreign companies.
- There are different perspectives on environmental, cultural and ethical issues, among others.
Need more information?